This is a great dish for IBS recovery
Hey, whether you are eating in the Paleo style or not, this is a delicious Vegan, Vegetarian, vitamin and mineral packed vegetable dish you can serve at anytime.
Cook in large batches to keep it simple. And, it can be frozen.
You will need:
|2 medium size zucchini (600-700grams)||1 cup water|
|6 carrots||½ cup olive oil|
|800 grams Pumpkin (canned pumpkin is
not a suitable replacement for this recipe)
|22cm square non-stick baking tray|
|Salt & pepper||Baking foil|
Preheat the oven to 180C
What to do:
- Wash and peel the zucchini. Leave as much skin on as possible. Cut the zucchini into slices of about ~0.5cm (1/4″)
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into slices, on an angle, making these slightly thinner than the zucchini.
- Wash and peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into slices about the same width as the zucchini.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of the oil into the base of your baking tray.
- Add just enough water for there to be a film of liquid covering the bottom of the tray.
- Layer the vegies in the tray: carrot, zucchini, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, etc.
- In-between each layer grind a little salt, pepper, drizzle a little of the oil and add a sprinkling of water.
- Cover your tray with foil and place in the oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
Everyone’s oven differs, so check the vegies at about 20 minutes. Test with a skewer, which should be able to pierce the vegetables, depending on how crunchy you prefer them.
Simply Paleo Rescue